When it is cold and gloomy outside a Winter Sun Photo Meditation may be the thing you need to help get rid of seasonal depression and anxiety.
Our imagination is very powerful, and it can help heal our mind, body and spirit. It can even trick the brain to believe in something that is actually is not there.
Everything you can imagine is real.
So let us use some photography and meditation to imagine the warm winter sun on our faces to beat winter blues and get some vitamin D, shall we?
Sit comfortable in a cozy place where you feel happy and at peace, and let’s start a:
Guided Winter Sun Photo Meditation
- Take a couple of deep breaths, look at the photo for a couple of minutes and then close your eyes.
- Now imagine that the sun is in your room right now. Can you feel its warmth on your face?
- Keep breathing.
- Can you feel the warm winter sun on your hands? How does it make you feel?
- Keep breathing for a couple of minutes enjoying the imaginary warm sun and being aware of your breath.
- Are you getting happier and more relaxed? Are you aware that vitamin D from this winter sun help you heal the body, lower your blood pressure, boost your immunity, make your bones more flexible? Can you feel stronger and more energetic already?
- Keep breathing. If you need, open your eyes for a minute, look at the sun in this photo, touch it, and then go back to your imaginary winter sun warmth and joy.
- Can you feel more energy in your body?
- You are not cold and moody any more, are you?
- Open your eyes, take a couple of deep breaths and get back to your daily routine. Repeat when needed.
The photo below was taken of a sunny winter day on the 4 mile run trail in Blumont Park, Arlington Va.
Breathe, smile and be happy with one photographic miracle of Nature at a time.